RE: MBGP Peer route generate

From: Antonio Querubin (tony@lava.net)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 15:34:38 EST

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Julian Eccli wrote:

> You didn't put the route in the inet.2 table.
>
> *** As of 5.1 you can do it this way:
>
> Under routing-options, make sure you have a rib group to import routes
> into both inet.0 and inet.2.
>
> rib-groups {
> stat-rg {
> import-rib [ inet.0 inet.2 ];
> }
>
> Under routing-options static, apply the rib-group.
>
> static {
> rib-group stat-rg;
>

> *** Pre 5.1 it's done this way:

Would be nice if this was all documented in the manuals. The multicast
sections of the manual have a lot of multicast configuration info for IGPs
but are sparse on MBGP configuration info. As it stands without the above
info, I think a reasonable person might expect a 'family inet any' clause
to do the right thing but apparently that's not enough and this fact isn't
well documented.