Re: [j-nsp] Question on generated route

From: Antonio Querubin (tony@lava.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 00:30:07 EST

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Scott F. Robohn wrote:

> Generated routes are very similar to aggregate routes, with one
> exception: generated routes inherit a real next-hop interface, while
> aggregate routes only allow discard or reject as next-hops.
>
> For example, the following config:
>
> routing-options {
> aggregate {
> route 192.168.16.0/21;
> }
> generate {
> route 10.0.0.0/16;
> }
> }

Is it possible to specify more than one route statement? And what's the
effect?

Consider the above. If the 10.0.0.0/16 prefix disappears from the routing
table, no default route is generated. What I'd like to do is specify
alternate prefixes so that if for some reason the network that announces
10.0.0.0/16 goes completely offline causing 10.0.0.0/16 to be flushed from
the routing table, I can still generate a default route based on the
reachability of the alternate prefix instead.