JUNOS templates

From: Stephen Gill (gillsr@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 19:47:59 EDT

Perhaps this is a good time to make a couple of JUNOS templates
publicly available. I've been working on development of two security
templates for JUNOS which are based on Rob Thomas' Secure IOS Template
and Secure BGP Template. As you know Cisco IOS and JUNOS are quite
different but many of the concepts still apply, and the network
topology assumed within is the same. If any of you are looking for
ways to configure your Juniper Routers securely, you may find a few
helpful ideas here:

JUNOS Secure Template v 1.1:
http://www.qorbit.net/documents/JUNOS_template.pdf

JUNOS Secure BGP Template v 1.1:
http://www.qorbit.net/documents/JUNOS_BGP_template.pdf

You may also find a tool helpful that can convert JUNOS configs into
set statements here: (it saves me a few keystrokes at times)
http://www.qorbit.net/tools.html

All of these are works in progress, so please feel free to submit your
comments, suggestions, or flames!

-- steve
gillsr@yahoo.com