RE: JNCIS Cisco Equivalent

From: Tom Thomas (tom.thomas@i-nap.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:11:46 EST

That was humorous email Randy but in all honesty the mapping does not
correspond 1 to 1 for equivalencies. Juniper does not have a billion
certifications like Cisco now does and I hope they never do.

The Juniper JNCIS in my mind and other opinions may vary is somewhere
between the CCNP and CCIE.

The true difference and appeal of Juniper is that they have not
commercialized their certification program like Cisco and once again lets
hope they never do. Another difference is the program is more realistic and
more clearly reflects the way routing, etc.. is done in the real world.
Bravo I say and hopefully they will stand fast in this regard.

Tom