Re: Policy based QOS

From: Saku Ytti (saku+juniper-nsp@ytti.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 09:06:30 EST

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 05:54:22AM -0500, Arun wrote:

Hello Arun,

> Which version of Juniper OS should
> i used for QOS configuration of Juniper routers.

Apparently you didn't bother to visit www.juniper.net
at all. Juniper hasn't got software mess such as
ciscos, there is only one software train. Usually
you are best of using the latest, with QoS
you don't want anything below 5.1, of course
latest (5.2 time of writing) is your best bet.

> Does Juniper have similar thing like Cisco's
> "Modular QOS CLI" for policy provisioning?

I don't really understand the question, for me
Module QoS CLI is just IOS :> and JunOS
is just JunOS of course you can invent funny
name for the QoS configuration portion just
to make it sound spiffy :)

> Which book should i refer to get the entire CLI
> for policy based QOS configuration on
> the Juniper routers?

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software.html
(Juniper guys, how about dedicating one document
to QoS?) There was already book discussion on
the list and it appears there are two books,
both surely out dated with JunOS QoS features
in mind.

--
  ++ytti