[j-nsp] Firewall filters and bursting traffic

From: Morgan, Richard (rmorgan@orchestream.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 08:26:16 EST

I note that in 4.3 of the JunOs you can implement policing around the now
inappropately named 'firewall filters'.

With this you state the bandwidth required and the burst size, but *not* the
length of the burst. Does this mean that traffic is allowed to burst at a
sustained rate for an indefinate period ?

Rich
PS. Can I run a Quake 3 server off a Juniper M20? I mean it has an excellent
ping time being right in the core of the network. ho ho ho :)