Re: [j-nsp] VRRP

From: jabber (jabber@nexxus.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 17:31:10 EST

Ron,

VRRP is a standarized protocol, so a VRRP configuration will work
cross-platform (or cross-JunOS) as long as it follows what is outlined in
RFC 2338 (I think).

I have successfully run VRRP between Foundry BigIron's and M20's during a
cutover (replacing our BigIron's with Junipers), and had no
interoperability problems whatsoever.

Regards,

- Stevan