[j-nsp] BGP memory consumption

From: Josh Richards (jrichard@cubicle.net)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 19:26:30 EST

How does Juniper's BGP memory consumption compare to, say, a Cisco?

While the exact answer obviously varies depending on the peering sessions,
what magnitude of memory consumption can I expect to be necessary for
the first full transit view (~100,000 prefixes) and each successive
additional transit view of similar size?

Is the memory consumption in such a way that I can assume that a peer
with, say, only 10,000 prefixes is going to consume 10% of the amount of
memory as the 100,000 prefix peer?

Damn, I can't wait to get a few of these things in the lab...

-jr

----
Josh Richards [JTR38/JR539-ARIN]
<jrichard@geekresearch.com/cubicle.net/fix.net/freedom.gen.ca.us>