Re: [j-nsp] ATM PVC traffic statistics via SNMP

From: Doug McPherson (dougm@ixen.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 10:05:55 EST

> I would like to poll for InOctets/OutOctets on each individual PVCs
created with multipoint-destination
> on my ATM interfaces via SNMP just like what i did on my CISCO boxes using
the following
> mibs, ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-AAL5-MIB.my. Does juniper
have the same
> thing as what CISCO boxes have? This is essential for billing purposes.

On Juniper boxes, the ATM sub-interfaces should get their own ifIndex ID and
will return in/outOctets just like a regular interface. You don't need to
use any ATM mibs to collect -- just standard interfaces MIB.
We collect per-pvc utilzation this way.

/doug

--
 Doug McPherson                    NaviPath, Inc. - a CMGI Company
 Director, Network Management      800 Federal Street