Re: [j-nsp] Destination Class

From: Katsunori ISHII (kishii@nissho-ele.co.jp)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 13:45:22 EDT

:>
:>thanx for the link! We know this feature from Cisco as "Policy-based
:>Accounting" and like it a lot. They only have eight destination
:>"bins" as opposed to the sixteen on Juniper. Cisco counts both
:>packets and bytes, which is sort of nice. If I read the documentation
:>right, Juniper only counts packets, right? That would sound like a
:>reasonable tradeoff and is certainly still very useful.
:>

Actually, Juniper does have both of them.

nelco@m5-48> show interfaces at-0/3/0.0 destination-class counter
    Destination class Packets Bytes
              counter 1000 84000

:>The policy-based accounting counters on the Cisco are accessible by
:>SNMP - is that also the case for Juniper's "destination-class usage"?
:>I have written a short page on how to use MRTG to plot Cisco's counters:
:>
:>http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/snmp/monitoring/cisco-bgp-pa.html
:>
:>If Juniper also has SNMP access and someone can point me to the MIB,
:>I'd like to add that.
:>

You can get it here...
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos43/swconfig43-install/html/snmp-mibs5.html#1024334