[j-nsp] real world usage?

From: Josh Richards (jrichard@cubicle.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 03:59:45 EDT

Just about everything on the JUNOS platform I read comes from Juniper
themselves. This isn't bad and, in fact, I'm actually very much
impressed with the amount of information that Juniper is putting out there.
But I am interested in real world feedback from those who are deploying
(or hope to be) M* in production environments.

Are you using them as anything more than bigger routers? That is to say,
are you taking advantage of the traffic engineering (MPLS) capabilities?
Have you dumped your old ATM switches and overlay networks yet? If not,
why not? Where are you using your Junipers? In the core? At the edge?
Both? Neither?

How heavily are you pushing the boxes? What routing protocols are you
using? How many peers (BGP)?
How is the stability of JUNOS?
How is the TAC and how quickly is hardware replacemed during failures?

What are your likes?

What are your complaints?

And anything else you can think of that I haven't asked yet. :-)

-jr

----
Josh Richards [JTR38/JR539-ARIN]
<jrichard@geekresearch.com/cubicle.net/fix.net/freedom.gen.ca.us>