Re: SNMP ipRouteTable

From: Aviva Garrett (aviva@juniper.net)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 14:26:30 EST

In message <CB1E59E84CE5D3118E5C00508B6D7555BEAD8B@s1000.orchestream.com>you wr
ite:

> The SNMP Mib ipRouteTable doesn't seem to be implemented in 4.3 - is this
> correct ?
>
> Also do we know if / when the SNMP interface stack is going to be
> implemented ?
>
> Lastly can anyone point me at a resource that explains to me what the
> interfaces 'pimd', 'pime' and 'tap' are meant to represent ?

pime is the interface used on PIM tunnels for PIM encapsulation, and
pimd is its counterpart for decapsulation. This is only hinted at in the
manuals, but not clearly explained. I'll work with the writers to get
this remedied.

tap is an interface from the FPC to the Routing Engine that is used to
"snatch" packets that are being sampled. I thought we mentioned this
once upon a time in the manuals, but I can't find it now. Again, we'll
get a description in.

Thanks,
..Aviva

Aviva Garrett