Re: RFC - SNMP

From: Jared Mauch (jared@puck.nether.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 01:52:04 EST

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:45:53AM -0500, Ryan Tucker wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 14, 2001, at 01:42 , Jared Mauch wrote:
> > do the things i spelled out below look like they'd fit
> > most peoples uses of snmp in a monitoring package?
>
> About the only thing you could add to that is trap handling ;-) -rt

        small steps ;-)

        doing queries is one thing, handling trap data and relating it
to an existing object in the config/backend is a totally different/new
thing.

        and how to handle the traps. there is so much relational data
that it would cause my head to spin ;-)

        i can't do that right now.. but the net-snmp/ucd-snmp people
gave me some good stuff to work off of so doing snmp looks like
it'll just be another day or two and i will have a beta/prototype for it.

        - jared