It's not wireless, but...

From: Brian Stretch (bstretch@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 00:08:17 EDT

...has anyone else heard of these?

http://www.marconi.com/html/solutions/deepfiberfth.htm

It looks like a really, really neat toy. Internet (PPPoE), CATV, DBS,
telephone over one fiber optic cable to the converter box that breaks it
down into 10BaseT Ethernet, coax, coax, and three POTS lines. I'd prefer
more Internet bandwidth, and DBS and HDTV (from over-the-air broadcast)
instead of DBS and CATV... but damn, these things could whack both
Ameritech and Comcast in one shot.

--
Brian Stretch  http://www.mindspring.com/~bstretch   Cert. Technojunkie
"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a