[alcatel-nsp] IPTV on 7x50s

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu May 15 07:58:22 EDT 2008

--- aleksandr.kuzminsky at gmail.com wrote:
2008/5/15 Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com:

> There is a pretty varied discussion about 7x50s over on NANOG and I was
> wondering how the system performs under load.  We're currently using them
> for internet connectivity and will be going to do IPTV soon.  What were some
> of the issues you encountered in the beginning?

As you might know Isocore did TPSDA verification on the 80k subs network.
Please see the report enclosed.
Besides at least 5 of the biggest (in terms of subs) deployments of IPTV use
7x50 (http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=142594&print=true).
So at least you can be sure it works :-)

Thanks, it made for interesting reading.  I have read other testing documents, as well, but I was hoping to hear of real-world experiences from other operators on what their experiences were in the early stages of IPTV implementation.  The closer we get to starting, the more scared I become...  ;-)

scott