[alcatel-nsp] Dynamic Bypass Tunnels

Sherry Iwamura sherry.iwamura at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:28:26 EDT 2009

Dear All,
I guess I did not ask my question clearly enough. The question should be
applied only to dynamic bypass tunnels.
For an example, the followings are two LSPs that have exactly the same
primary path.

For LSP1, I have

fast-reroute facility
     bandwidth 100
     no node-protect
exit

For LSP2, I have

fast-reroute facility
     bandwidth 150
     no node-protect
exit

On any node in the routes of these LSP, bypass tunnels should be
automatically created by CSPF.

If a path is available and available BW is aboundant, will it
1. Signal one bypass tunnel to NHOP with 250 Mbps and protect both LSP
2. Signal one bypass tunnel to NHOP with 150 Mbps and protect both LSP
3. Signal one bypass tunnel to NHOP with 100 Mbps and protect both LSP
4. Signal two bypass tunnels to NHOP, one with 100 Mbps and the other with
150Mbps, and each one protects one LSP?

I know if both of the LSPs does not have any bandwidth specified under
fast-reroute, only one bypass will be signalled with unlimited BW.

With Best Regards,
Sherry Iwamura