[alcatel-nsp] Question about Service QoS Policies on 7750SR

Kila Hsu hsukila at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 17:44:26 EST 2009

Thanks a lot, Diego!

I still have several question though. Assume that we don't have a port scheduler defined, and we do get congestion. As you mentioned, now queues are transmitted at the physical level using round robin, with expedited queues being served first.

1. By "queues" do you mean the queue-to-be-transmitted for each SAP? If there are multiple tier 1 schedulers, or orphaned queues in a SAP, which one will get transmitted? (or will these queues now become the candidates for the physical level round-robin?)

2. How are the weights assigned for all these queues? Or is this just an plain old round-robin with every queue equally weighted?

3. If under each SAP I have hierarchical scheduler, it is possible that for one SAP, the next packet to be sent comes from an best-effort queue but the next-next one comes from an expedited queue (although this is a bad design). In this case, will this SAP have to wait in the physical level until the expedite queues from other SAPs are transmitted?

I hope I state the problems clearly. Thanks again for all who kindly answer!

Best Regards,
Kila Hsu