[alcatel-nsp] SAMO Date type

Rabedeau, Kenneth (Kenneth) kenneth.rabedeau at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Apr 16 07:41:47 EDT 2010

it is POSIX time (sometimes called Unix Epoch time) which is the grandaddy of many operating systems, including the ALU TiMOS.  Basically, it is UTC time elapsed in seconds using 86,400 seconds per day since midnight on January 1, 1970, not counting leap seconds.  so Example: 1271370712 = (2010-04-15 22:31:52Z)  Z is for Zulu time which is UTC.  The digital representation of the time allows for easier calculations

There are several converters available such as http://www.epochconverter.com/.  You should be able to see human readable time with [ date +%s -d"Jan 1, 1980 00:00:01" ]

at CLI look in [config/system/time] commands for basic zone and format settings and [admin set-time] for manual config.