[alcatel-nsp] unbalanced traffic on GigEs in a LAG

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Mar 8 16:16:19 EST 2010

--- Wim.Henderickx at alcatel-lucent.com wrote:
From: "HENDERICKX Wim" <Wim.Henderickx at alcatel-lucent.com>

No we don't have that. We recently did a test where we had a lag link of 4 links and we had almost equal traffic balancing with r8.

I'm not so worried about them being almost equal.  I am worried about them being *very* unbalanced and I was hoping to have a way to see if there is anything wrong when the configs are the same as other LAGs that are not exhibiting this behavior.

On one pair of 7750s:

Gig 1 LAG 1: 42Mbps
Gig 2 LAG 1: 550Mbps

More than 10 times difference

on different 7750s:

Gig 1 LAG 2: 65Mbps
Gig 2 LAG 2: 230Mbps

3.5 times difference.

Other LAGS we have are much closer in traffic levels.
scott