[alcatel-nsp] Alcatel-Juniper 10G Interop

Ryan Landry Ryan.Landry at TELUS.COM
Mon Feb 7 22:00:59 EST 2011

network vs access. routed vs vlan-tagged, if you will.

with pretty much everything pre-8.0 SROS you'll need to buttonhook your
layer 2 services to a layer 3 service. in 8.0 ALU was kind enough to
introduce routed-VPLS, which is basically like a L3-VLAN or "SVI" in
cisco-speak.

in some cases i've gotten around the buttonhook requirement by using
various vlans into IES-based interfaces, setting up a bunch of /31's with
proxy-arp to a loopback (also within the IES).