[alcatel-nsp] bgp min-route-advertisement

Alexander Saveliev saveliev at mostelekom.net
Tue Jun 7 02:18:16 EDT 2011

Hello,

This is true, especially for address-family with full view.
But also true is that in bgp/mpls vpns often there are no many peering
points and no full view of internet routes. 30sec restriction
significantly reduces convergence time in this networks, especially in
redundant topologies.
So it is common practice, from "another vendor" for example, to set
default time for eBGP sessions in GRT equal to 30 secs, but to set it
equal to zero secs for iBGP and for PE-CE sessions in VPNs.

Ok. My main question is- may be somebody know something important about
ALU routers that can have a serious negative impact when setting
advertisement equal to 1 sec?

Thanks,
Alexander

07.06.2011 01:03, Thedin Guruge ?????: