[alcatel-nsp] Split-horizon-groups 7450 ESS

Dejan Tepic dejan at karlsborgsenergi.se
Thu May 26 09:50:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

My first post
.

I’m having some connectivity issues with clients that interconnect through
VPLS service. Usually point-to-multipoint service such as municipal offices
etc.

Clients lose their connections back and forth and I have noticed that by
creating split-horizon-group in VPLS and associating SAPs with it resolves
this issue. We are using residential groups when it comes to customers like
DSL, FTTH but not

In case of connecting remote offices with main office(pure LAN).

Did anybody experienced this behavior? Can someone explain this phenomenon
or perhaps offer suggestion for configuration? When to use SHG and/or RSHG?

Thx

Dejan

__________ Information från ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version av
virussignaturdatabas 6155 (20110526) __________

Meddelandet har kontrollerats av ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.esetscandinavia.com