[alcatel-nsp] ACL/Rule Set

Garcia Del Rio, Diego (Diego) diego.garcia_del_rio at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Apr 26 14:44:43 EDT 2013

Keep in mind that Management access filters apply to both out-of-band AND in-band connections, and also include any control-plane protocols. So you'll need to open things like OSPF, BGP, etc.

If im not mistaken, there is a "source port" on the match parameters, so you can have a couple of entries matching src-port "cpm" (this means the OOB port on the CPM) and then a drop-all on anything else on the CPM port. Then do matches (or an allow all) on the in-band traffic. For in-band traffic we recommend you use the cpm-filters which are based on hardware.

Please be careful when doing these kind of changes so as not to log yourself out of the box.

In particular, you might want to use a cron-job to "disable" the MAF and CPM filters every 10 minutes in case you lock yourself out. Even if you have OOB serial connectivity, if you're using RADIUS or other login authentication methods with no fallback, you might not even be able to login to the box itself if you break things badly enough.

Best Regards

[nuage-alu copy]
DIEGO GARCÍA DEL RIO
nuagenetworks