[alcatel-nsp] BGP mutipath, load balance 7750

Dejan Tepic dejan at karlsborgsenergi.se
Thu Mar 12 15:41:52 EDT 2020

Hi Scott and thanks for you input

I dont know why we only take def. routes but nevertheless this is scenario I have right now.
I already have ibgp between R1 and R2 and only outgoing route used is one to R2. Tiebreak reason is origin. iBGP vs incomplete I know I can level the playing field with import policy and set origin to iBGP on both.

I would like to try bgp-multipath 2 with ECMP 2 but im not sure how to go about.
Looking in route table av vprn xx on R1 I see def. route as tunnelled (BGP-VPN) coming from R2.
Do I enable this on both routers with same parametars or do I need to add some special commands as eibgp-multipath or ibgp-multipath

/Dejan