[a-nsp] Arista questions

Patrik Olsson darkiesan at me.com
Sun Oct 7 10:51:05 EDT 2018

> >Being a former JNPR SE, I can say this: 7280R converges FIB MUCH faster than Cisco or JNPR.
>
> Cisco shows 10 seconds on NCS 5K which is awsome. It means that Jericho can do programming very quick.
>
> https://xrdocs.io/cloud-scale-networking/tutorials/ncs5500-fib-programming-speed/ <https://xrdocs.io/cloud-scale-networking/tutorials/ncs5500-fib-programming-speed/>
>
> I just tested RIB convergence time and it's far for being superb... Cisco and JNPR is much faster here.
> Running latest 4.20 and 4.21 releases.

RIB convergence is one thing, FIB convergence another.
I have only been doing some nerdy fib convergence tests on JNPR and CSCO.

> >> Will 7280R right now supports control-plane protection like I can do on Juniper MX series or Cisco ASR routers - we will be transit-provider then we need to protect control plane in good fashion ?
> >>

> >7280R has control plane policing and acl, so pretty sure you have everything you need in EOS that you can achieve with “firewall” and “policers” in JUNOS.
>

> Did you used it in production Transit provider network ? I heard due to CoPP patent implementation on EOS is far for being superior.
> I would like to read some experiences from transit providers.

CoPP patent was won against Cisco. So in latest 4.20 and in 4.21 you should be Ok.
Have you checked eos.arista.com <http://eos.arista.com/> and searched for “Restricting access to the switch” ?

Patrik