[a-nsp] Automated scheduled tasks

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Nov 7 10:45:50 EST 2019

Hello,

We're using tac_plus to do accounting for commands run on our arista switches. Then we alert on commands being run.

We've noticed that there are some scheduled tasks that run essentially as root (UID 0) periodically.

I was discussing this with TAC and they suggested that I simply filter commands ran by UID 0 from being sent to the monitoring/alerting system(s).

Is there some way to just run those tech-support commands as a less privileged user and then we can just filter on commands by that user instead of filtering all commands as UID 0?

Thanks guys,
-Drew