[a-nsp] static multicast join?

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Mon Mar 2 13:55:44 EST 2020

Howdy all ...

Curious if anyone has had any success doing a static IGMP join on an
Arista switch ... In this case we're talking about a 7050TX running 4.21.8M.

We have an IPTV box downstream which, in my opinion, should be sending
its own joins, but that's another rant.

All of the IGMP settings switch-side look fine to me, and, when it does
work (another rant), I can see everything propagating upstream as it should.

They're suggesting we do the join ourselves switch-side facing the
physical ethernet port on which the IPTV device is attached.

Turned the google crank a few times and found some suggestions, but no
joy yet.

Curious if anyone has made this work ... thanks!!

		- bryan