[a-nsp] static multicast join?

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Mon Mar 2 15:01:28 EST 2020

On 3/2/20 8:45 PM, Patrick Okui wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2020, at 22:34 EAT, Bryan Holloway wrote:
>
>> Hey Sabri -- thank you for the quick response!
>>
>> However, in this particular case, the Arista port is Layer 2 only on
>> an access-port assigned to a VLAN.
>>
>> I've tried the 'ip igmp static-group' command, but nothing happens.
>
> I think joins by definition can only be done by l3 interfaces. In this
> case I think you’d have to do it on the VLAN virtual interface.
>
> L2 interfaces can only do igmp snooping.
>
> --
> patrick

Agreed ... that was my take too, but it was worth a shot. :)

Unfortunately, creating a "surrogate" SVI didn't help either. The
far-side L3 interface is several switches upstream, and, while I can
successfully create static joins from it, nothing propagates downstream
because the recalcitrant device won't send joins.

Grrr ...