[a-nsp] 7050SX MPLS ?

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Mon Jan 25 12:58:42 EST 2021

I think I already know the answer to this, but here goes:

Arista DCS-7050SX-64
Hardware version:    02.10
Software image version: 4.21.10M

Was successful in turning up MPLS/LDP between a pair of neighbors no
problem.

I can see the peers and addresses bound to those peers, etc.

However, when I bring up BGP to a pair of upstream RRs, I run into MTU
issues. 1496 bytes (no DF) works fine; 1500 does not.

As soon as I kill MPLS, it works.

 From the docs I've read and the usual Google-cranking, I get the
impression that the 7050 will happy "pass-through" MPLS traffic, but it
won't let you terminate anything on that particular L3 switch.

Is that a correct assumption?

Seems to work fine on the 7280s.

Thank you all in advance,

		- bryan