Cathode Keying tubes with...

Scott Cowling dfi at CYBERHIGHWAY.NET
Fri Apr 4 18:36:14 EST 1997

Bry,

I would use the Teledyne if it is rated for 120VAC. I would NOT use a
transistor, as you will be limited in what you can key.  With the relay, you
can cathode key, grid-block key as well as SS key (if you have any new
radios :-)

I built a Digi-Keyer back in 1970 (remember those?)  It used RTL and had a
PNP output transistor to key my DX-60.  I always wished for a relay output
like my old Eico 717 keyer (3 tubes) had.

73 es GL,
Scotty WA2DFI
Tempe, AZ