Mic element

Brian Carling bry at MNSINC.COM
Tue Aug 12 08:48:32 EDT 1997

Well Rich, you know some DYNAMIC mikes sound really good
and there are nowadays a lot of electret mics that sound pretty
decent too. We will have to leave it to the experts to explain the
advantages & disadvantages of each for us.

Have you  looked at recet ARRL Handbooks for information?

The bands are hot, the bottles they be a' glowin' brightly, an' the
regeneration be on the ragged edge!  Grapples ye up yer tin cans atops
yer noggins, an readys ye yer keys and
glowingspitzensparkenfirebottleetherburners at the fore!

Bry

On  9 Aug 97 at 13:53, Richard Wilkerson wrote:

> Ok.. I need some help.  I know nothing of Mic elements, what is the
> difference between a crystal and ceramic??  I have an old DX-40 which I
> would like to put a mic to and why not make one?   Thanks.......rich
> --
>      72's / 73's........  Rich
> Rich Wilkerson, WD6FDD, Santee, Ca.
>  NorCal, ARCI, ScQRPions, E.C.R.A.
>     Boatanchors,  ARCEC.  AMI.

*** 73 from Radio AF4K/G3XLQ Gaithersburg, MD USA  *
**  E-mail to:  bry at mnsinc.com                     *
*** See the interesting ham radio resources at:    *
**  http://www.mnsinc.com/bry/                     *
AM International #1024, TENTEN #13582. GRID FM19
Rigs: Valiant, DX-60/HG-10, Eldico TR-75, Millen 90810
FT-840, TM-261, Ameco TX-62, Gonset Communicator III
HTX-202...TEN-TEN #13582, DXCC #17,763 Bicentennial WAS