Swan HF-700S

Richard H. Arland, K7SZ k7sz at JUNO.COM
Tue Dec 2 22:56:07 EST 1997

Gang:

Just got the case apart. There are two 6LQ6 sweep tubes in the PA not
6146s as I originally thought. This is a 13 tube rig with one small PCB
mounted vertically on the underside of the chassis that has 4 ICs along
with a Xtal and a couple of caps on it. This would indicate (to me) that
this rig is mid to late 70s vintage. Several of the local OTs here are
unfamiliar with this rig.

Anyone have any ideas as to exactly what I have? Year of mfgr?
Availability of a manual? Is this a "rare" find or just another Swan
"dog" that I should strip out for parts?

The condition looks good with the cabinet off. No extra holes or weird
mods. Everything looks intact. There is a "V6 Output" on the back
panel....this might be a low level RF output for transverter driver or to
run QRP. I have no manual and would really appreciate some help
identifying exactly what I have here.

73 rich K7SZ

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov