Old Labels

Ben Bradley benbradley at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Dec 14 19:28:24 EST 1997

At 06:46 AM 12/14/97 -0800, Chris Trask wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Gary D Elliott wrote:
>
>> Greetings
>>
>> I am trying to figure out the best way to remove the residue of a old
>> "Gummy" label from the front panel of a piece of equipment.  The front
panel

>        Go to your local grocery store and pick up a bottle of
>"De-Solv-It".  This is a wonderful cleaning fluid that will soften that
>hardened adhesive and then let you wipe it off.  You may have to take a
>cotton ball, saturate it with the liquid, and let it sit on the area
>overnight.  I have cleaned up equipment that was close to refinishing
>with this stuff.

   There's also commercial cleaners Goo-Gone and Goof-Off, available at
K-mart and Wall-Mart, that (like lighter fluid) used book dealers use
to safely remove stickers from books and book covers. Like other such
fluids, test on an inconspicuous area first, and use in a ventilated area
away from open flame - the vapors are harmful when inhaled and flammable.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS