Old Radio and Electricity Books for Sale

James P Rybak jrybak at MESA7.MESA.COLORADO.EDU
Sun Jun 8 13:25:28 EDT 1997

I am interested in the history of electricity, wireless, etc.  I collect
old books on various topics related to electricity and wireless.
The following are some duplicate books I have in my collection.  I want
to sell them to make room for some additional books.  All the books have
good, tight bindings.  Some of the books are ex-library and some of the
covers may have scuff marks but all books are sound specimens with
tight bindings and are in great shape considering their ages.  The
condition of the books listed below is my best "good faith" attempt to
describe how they are.  However, please remember that I am an amateur
collector and am not a book dealer.

Those of you who are familiar with the prices of old books will realize
immediately that I have priced these at considerably below today's
"going" prices.  Consequently, the prices are not negotiable.  Shipping
is extra and is $3 for the first book and $1.50 for each additional
book.  I will pay the shipping on orders of 5 or more books.

RADIO TELEPHONY FOR AMATEURS, 2nd ed., by Stuart Ballantine, 1923,
VG cond.  $25.

VACUUM TUBES IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATION, by Elmer E. Bucher, 1918,
VG cond.  $25.

PRACTICAL WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY, by Elmer E. Bucher, 1917, VG cond. $25.

THE WIRELESS EXPERIMENTER'S MANUAL, by Elmer E. Bucher, 1920,
VG cond. $25.

CONQUEOR OF SPACE - THE LIFE OF LEE DE FOREST, by Georgette Carneal,
1930, G cond. $20.

MATHEMATICS FOR ELECTRICIANS AND RADIOMEN, by Nelson M. Cooke, 1942,
VG++ cond. $20.

ALLESANDRO VOLTA AND THE ELECTRIC BATTERY, by Bern Dibner, 1964,
fine cond. $20.

RADIO THEORY SIMPLIFIED, by Merle Duston, 1924, G+ cond. $15

WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY AND TELEPHONY, by W.H. Eccles, 1918, G++ cond., $45.

FRANKLIN - THE APOSTLE OF MODERN TIMES, by Bernard Fay, 1929,
VG cond., $15.

PROPAGATION OF ELECTRIC CURRENTS IN TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH CONDUCTORS,
3rd. ed., by John A. Fleming, 1919, VG cond. $55.

AN ELEMENTARY MANUAL OF RADIO TELEGRAPHY AND RADIOTELEPHONY, 3rd ed.,
by John A. Fleming, 1919, G++ cond., $50.

THE ALTERNATE CURRENT TRANSFORMER - VOL. I,  by John A. Fleming, 1890,
VG cond. $50.

PRINCIPLES OF RADIO COMMUNICATION, 2nd ed, by John H. Moorecroft,
VG cond., $20.

MICHAEL FARADAY, by J.H. Gladstone, 1872, FINE cond, $

RADIO FOR EVERYBODY, by Austin C. Lescarboura, 1922 (pub. by Scientific
American), VG cond., $20.

EMPIRE OF THE AIR - THE MEN WHO MADE RADIO, by Tom Lewis, 1991,
Like New, $15.

ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL - THE MAN WHO CONTRACTED SPACE, by Catherine
Mackenzie, 1928, VG cond., $30.

MODERN RADIO SERVICING, by Alfred A. Ghirardi, 1935, VG cond., $25.

INVENTION AND INNOVATION IN THE RADIO INDUSTRY, by W. Rupert Maclaurin,
1949, VG++ cond., $45.

THE MARCONI BOOK OF WIRELESS, by the Marconiphone Co., 1936,
VG cond., $45

THE INVENTIONS, RESEARCHES, AND WRITINGS OF NIKOLA TESLA,  by Thomas C.
Martin, 1977 reprint of 1894 edition, F++ cond. $20.

A HISTORY OF ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM, by Herbert W. Meyer, 1972,
like new cond., $20.

THEORY OF THERMIONIC VACUUM TUBE CIRCUITS, by Leo J. Peters, 1927,
VG cond., $25.

FROM IMMIGRANT TO INVENTOR, by Michael Pupin, 1925, VG+ cond. $20.

ELECTRON-TUBE CIRCUITS, by Samuel Seely, 1950, VG cond., $20.

RADIO ENGINEERING, 2nd ed., by F.E. Terman, 1937, VG cond. $25.

RADIO ENGINEER'S HANDBOOK, by F.E. Terman, 1943, extensive notes on the
fly leaf and title page - otherwise VG cond., $20.

LECTURES ON THE ELECTROMAGNET, by Sylvnus P. Thompson, 1891, VG cond., $50.

LIGHT AND ELECTRICITY, by John Tyndall, 1871, VG cond., $65.

ELECTRICITY IN DAILY LIFE, chapters by noted authorities of the day,
1890, VG cond., $65.