Hints & Kinks (WAS: Ranger Mod. Xfmr.)

Christian R. Fandt cfandt at SERVTECH.COM
Tue Jun 10 13:55:39 EDT 1997

At 09:12 10-06-97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:12 10-06-97 -0700, you wrote:

>Carefully disassemble the transformer.  Make note of the number of turns of
>wire and the placement of any cardboard and/or sheet metal.  Get an old ARRL
>Handbook and read the part about rebuilding transformers (this'll tell you
>about getting the laminations apart).
>dr

Wasn't there a fellow who rebuilds transformers located in Florida? I have
not heard of him for some time now and wonder if he's still in business.
Anybody in the list know who I'm talking about? Maybe he could help you if
you're not inclined to try a rebuild yourself.

Maybe someone in the rec.antiques.radio&phono newsgroup may know of him or
somebody else.

Good luck, Chris