6M Activity

Brian Carling (Radio G3XLQ / AF4K) bry at MNSINC.COM
Sun May 4 11:05:19 EDT 1997

Yes, a dipole for 6 meters should be easy enough to construct.

that is what I plan to use. Probably in the shack since it is up
high. That way I can rotate it too if I need to!

Let me know when you are QRV on 50.4 MHz AM!

On  4 May 97 at 11:24, EWoodman at aol.com spoke about 6M Activity and
said:

> Hi Bry,
> Don't know if you saw it yet but I posted a message about my crystal
> "fix" for my TX-62. I basically plugged a series LC circuit into the
> crystal holder. Got the variable and slug-tuned coil from my Knight
> T-150 parts rig. It's a nice little assembly with the vernier driven
> variable, 3 slug-tuned coils, and 3 trimmers. The T-150 runs on 6M
> with the vfo on 8Mc so the values were perfect for what I needed. (
> You may wonder why I don't use my T-150 on 6M? Works LOUSY!)  I had
> tried this arrangement with a crystal oscillator many years ago and
> it worked miserably so I didn't expect this to work. After fiddling
> a bit with the trimmer and slug the thing started to oscillate.
> Seems to be pretty stable, too.  Guess I'll go with this plan until
> I get my hands on an 8.4Mc rock. We've got a big hamfest comming up
> next weekend in Rochester, NH which is only about a 45 min. drive
> from here. Will be on the lookout for crystals as well as other
> goodies.
>
> I don't have a 6M antenna either so have to do something about that.
> That's one of my projects for today. Guess I'll just rig up some
> sort of vertical dipole til I can pick up  a small beam at HRO this
> week. Maybe I'll even get ambitious and build one.
>
> 73  Eric  KA1YRV

*** 73 from Radio AF4K / G3XLQ in Gaithersburg, MD USA *
**  E-mail to:  bry at mnsinc.com                         *
*** See the great ham radio resources at:              *
**  http://www.mnsinc.com/bry/                         *