Ferret Radio

Eric Woodman EWoodman at AOL.COM
Fri May 16 10:28:15 EDT 1997

I have a friend who recently purchased a fully restored Ferret. This is a
British military armored patrol vehicle built back in the 50's. The radio
transciever installed in it is designated as a C-42. This covers approx. 30 -
60 Mc and is FM (15Kc deviation). We were thinking about installing a
different radio. I don't imagine a wide-band FM signal would be much
appreciated on 6 meters.  We have found that a Wireless Set No. 19 or 22
would also be historically correct as these were used in the early vehicles.
Can anyone give me a description of these sets and whether they ever show up
for sale?

(He drives and I get to sit in the turret and play with the radio gear so it
would be nice to have something usable as well as historically correct!
That's what I call a REAL boatanchor!)

Thanks and 73,

Eric  KA1YRV