FS: Hammarlund Super Pro SP-400X

Keith Heitzmann kk5fe at COMMUNIQUE.NET
Sat Nov 22 23:34:16 EST 1997

I have a Hammarlund Super Pro SP-400x that is the commercial version for sale.
It has the original power supply and black crinkle cabinet. The cabinet is
in very good cosmetic shape, there are three unoriginal holes on the back
near the bottom.
The front panel would have been in very good shape also, but has five
unoriginal holes that I put matching screws into. Has all the knobs. The
insulated part of the phasing shaft is broken, but I have the knob.
Now for the rest of the story, this radio works but not very well. It has
been heavily modified. All the tubes in the "if" section has been changed
to miniatures. The good part is the chassis was not touched, whoever did
the mods used hole adapters for the miniature tube sockets. There are some
other mods, but I have no documentation on any of it.
I know some of you dont like "make offer" but in this case I have no idea
what its worth in this modified state. I bought it about two years ago from
someone that was less than truthful about it. Told me it was not modified
or had any unoriginal holes in it. After I received it he said that it was
his friends and he would not refund my money. (by the way it did not come
from this list). I know that I will not re cope all the money that I put
into it, but would like to turn it over to someone that may want to put it
back the way it was supposed to be.

By the way you can see a picture of it on my web site, or go directly to
the picture by typing this:

http://www.communique.net/~kk5fe/super.gif

So if you are interested, please make an offer, plus shipping. Remember
this is a heavy radio. The power supply is about 30 - 35 pounds and the
radio is about 50.
This is coming from zip 70435

Thanks for reading,
Keith  KK5FE

                          --- AMI# 837 ---
---------- Visit my Vintage Radio Web Site -------------
------- http://www.communique.net/~kk5fe ------------
Collector of tube radio's and vintage fishing equipment

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS