Tempe BA List - Time to Shut Down?

Brian Carling bry at MNSINC.COM
Mon Sep 22 21:14:09 EDT 1997

> Hi gang..
>
> Many months ago I brought this list up as a free option to the 'pay per
> post' boatanchors list....  The idea was, if people wanted to start
> using a free list they had a chance to here.

Shucks Dave, I hate to see this happen.

Problem is that we have a LOT of good discussion on the GLOWBUGS list
too.

I find it amazing though, that people would rather spend $15.00 than
use a list like this one that is free.

I think that it is self-perpetuating though. Since the guys have
already PAID their $15.00 they want to USE The Pay Reflector
rather than just jump over here with us more frugal ops.

People have too much dough! Also, it kind of leap-frogs them into
staying there - since at any given time SOMEONE has just renewed his
membership and feels that he must hang on to get his money's worth.
So it is self-perpetuating money machine! I want one of those! Grin!

I would hate to see this list shut down. I would hope that SOMEONE
would be spreading the word about it and letting people know!

I will personally DO JUST THAT and try to get some more enthusiasts
over here with us!

If not, hey it's been fun. Everyone can go give their money to Jack
and he will galdly take it! (grin!) Nothing against Jack. I know him
from Nashville, and consider him a friend, but I am not someone who
parts with money that easily!

I hope it flies here myself!

Has anyone seen ELECTRIC RADIO this month??

Phenomenal issue!!!!

Bry, AF4K

*** 73 from Radio AF4K/G3XLQ Gaithersburg, MD USA  *
**  E-mail to:  bry at mnsinc.com                     *
*** See the interesting ham radio resources at:    *
**  http://www.mnsinc.com/bry/                     *