The GSB-100 / HQ-110 are on the air!

Dave nyet at IX.NETCOM.COM
Wed Apr 1 01:01:59 EST 1998

Hello all,

Just finished the first round on the air with the GSB-100
and HQ-110!

Nice pair - the receiver takes some getting used to, but
seems to perform like a champ.  It appears to hear everything
my 75S-3 and R4-C hear, just can't separate 'em very well!
But the Q-multiplier works great.

Haven't tried the GSB on SSB or AM yet, but that's next. But
it sure puts out a nice signal!  One thing I noted that maybe
some one has an idea on: I have to use a hand key because the
keying response is 'too slow' to cope with the short duration
dits of any of my keyers.  When I slow a bug down to shorten
the dits, it is too hard to control.

Why would the GSB have slightly slower keying response?  It
isn't bad - just a little annoying.  I prefer to ragchew at
16 to 18 WPM (or higher).  That's downright WORK on a J-38!
But with an HD-1410, a Bencher, and my 1938 Vibroplex, it
'chops' the dits off so bad it sounds like the weighting is
WAY off.

Anyway, just wanted to announce another great old pair of
boatanchors is up and running, ready for CX in September!

I will have a photo of the new setup on the webpage soon.
I'll post when it's there so you can see how it went together.

Thanks all, and take care.

Dave WB7AWK
"Oh mein Gott! Ich habe eine Axt im Kopf!"
"Deus Meus! Securis in capite meo est."
"Bozhe moi!  Eto topor v moyei golove!"
"Mon dieu! Il-y'a une hache dans ma tete."
       http://www.boatanchors.com
          dave at boatanchors.com

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov