ART-13 connectors

Jim Berry basalop at GTE.NET
Mon Apr 6 01:23:14 EDT 1998

I have been reading, with great interest the comments about the ART-13 and
it's connectors.  I may be completly wrong on this, but I would suspect
those connectors might even be available today from the manufacture.  Armed
with the part number and such, one might be able to just buy them.

I just moved and all my gear is still stored away in the garage.  One of my
favorite rigs is my ART-13 and I hope to be back on the air very soon with
it.  I am a CW OP and have never ran it on voice.  As far as I can tell, I
can crank over 30 wpm with mine and the relays keep up.  Oh, I might have
to dial in a little weighting to get the 3 to 1 ratio.

Actually I own 3 of these rigs.  One was a gift, the other two I actually
paid money for.  I built a power supply up in a 3 foot tall rack cabinet
and set my ART-13 on top.  Funny thing is I do not have the shock mounting
for any of them.

To end my little story about the ART-13, I bought my first one in the 70's
complete with AC supply for $25.  I decided to get rid of all my old tube
gear.  I could not give the ART-13 away.  I wound up taking it to the dump.
 To this day I kick myself.  It had the shock mounts and LF osc,
calibration book and everything.  Oh well.  For some reason I remember that
rig used the earlier Cannon style plugs based on banana pins.

Enough for now.  Just wanted to let you fellas know there is another happy
ART-13 user out there.

Want to also mention I have a TCS and BC-375 that I am going to put back on
the air.

73 Jim K7SLI

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov