Hot Dog, more goodies.

Gary Pewitt gpewitt at EXECPC.COM
Mon Apr 20 23:36:08 EDT 1998

Well gang, David Heintzleman just dropped by and left me
a Temco RA-150 transmitter (see page 123 of Rippen's book
or page 127 of Moore's book) and a -very- nice Ranger in
exchange for my spare Marauder.  Both came with original
manuals too.  Has anyone had any experience with a Temco?
Anyone got any modules for this 1947 Burger King transmitter?
Burger King ie. have it your way.  Modules
can be assembled into 16 different transmitter variations.
CW, AM, Narrow band FM from 150 watts to 250.  Not quite as big
and heavy as the Globe King but definitely a Boat
Anchor.  All it needs are a couple more coil sets.  40 and
15 meters.  I have 80, 20, and 10.
The Ranger is in beautiful shape, needing only the fake
knob that covers the crystal socket.  By the way, do the
two crystals go in parallel vertical, horizontal, or diagonal?
Could use a new power/function switch too if anyone has one from
a parts rig I would like to buy it and the xtal
cover.  I hope Dave has as much fun with the Marauder
as I am going to have with the Temco and Ranger.
I've gotta cut down on new radios, it's getting hard to
move around in my apartment.  I just need a BC-610 now.
Of course I wouldn't turn up my nose at a Valient, 500,
or Desk Kilowatt.
73  Gary
Name: Gary Pewitt N9ZSV/KT
      6120 W. Calumet Rd. Apt 204