Alexanderson Alternator (fwd)

Jeffrey Herman jeffreyh at HAWAII.EDU
Fri Apr 24 21:45:33 EDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bengt Wilander
Subject: Alexanderson Alternator

I just like to confirm information given by
Lawrence R. Wells 15 april 1998 here on
the BA-list, about coming transmission of the
Alexanderson Alternator from Grimeton in
Sweden.

On 28th of May 1998 at a special ceremony at
Grimeton, County Governor Karin Starrin will
present an award to the Long wave station at
Grimeton for Industrial Heritage of the year 1997.

The ceromony begins at 0900Z and when it is finished
the transmitter will be started and used for
communication.

The CW-message will start around 0910Z and have a
duration of about 30 minutes. The same message will
be repeated 3 times.

Another transmission is planned to go on the air at
1500Z the same day. Probably same message again.

The callsign is SAQ and the QRG 17.2 kHz.

According to the Station manager Bengt Dagas there is
no transmission planned for the EDXC-meeting in August
just a visit to the station.

If there are any interest for the SAQ transmission I will try
to make an update later on to report on any schedule changes.

The address for Grimeton is: http://www.telemuseum.se/Grimeton/

73 de SM7BKH  Bengt Wilander