Help - German WWII Military Valves

Simon Buxton sb at ZIP.COM.AU
Sat Aug 1 20:36:56 EDT 1998

I have recently come across a small collection of German valves of a
type that I have never seen before and wonder if anyone can throw some
light on them - date, usage, type, rarity, references etc?

They are about the size of a B7G or B9A valve and have brown bakelite
bases with 6 horizontal connector pins (4 on one side and 2 on the
other), most with top caps. The bases have a screw fitting to hold a
small knob to help fit them - a few had these knobs and one valve holder
came with them.

Many are marked as made by Telefunken or BAL716 and some also as
"Wehrmacht" (Army) or "Kriegsmarine" (Navy). Other markings (type or
stores numbers?) include

LG3        03 43 (this one has a larger base)
RG1202     46 44
RV2.4P45   43 44
RV12P2C02  32 41
SF1A       43 43
LV6        22 43
RG12D60    34 42
SD1A       53 41 etc
Another with no visible markings has a smaller 5 contact base.

My guess is that they are WWII vintage roughly equivalent to the US 954,
955 and 956 miniature acorn series.

Thanks for any info.

Simon
--
     // VK2EII   : Simon BUXTON, Sydney, Australia         \\
     // Email    : sb at zip.com.au                           \\

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS