Ranger Grid problems *LAST POST*

Keith Heitzmann kk5fe at COMMUNIQUE.NET
Sat Aug 15 10:05:39 EDT 1998

Hi All,

Well this will be my last post on this Ranger. The next time I email
anything out will be "For Sale".

Do I sound frustrated......  you bet!!

Ok, to recap, the radio is getting very little grid drive. Sandy, W5TVW,
gave me a good hint and led me to the 18K resistor in the VFO as it
"seemed" to work with a crystal in it. I replaced the resistor and it
perked it up a bit, but not enough.  It's a little better with a crystal
than using the VFO, but even with a crystal the grid goes to nothing from
40 up

I just found another hint, it seems to have enough grid drive on 160 meters
with the VFO switched in. On 80 it goes down considerably and from 40 up
it's nothing. When the meter is switched in to the "osc" and "buffer" it
seems to be OK, but no grid.

All the tubes have been checked and rechecked, with some being replaced
just for good measure.

Signed "desperate"

(Keith,  KK5FE)

                          --- AMI# 837 ---
---------- Visit my Vintage Radio Web Site -------------
------- http://www.communique.net/~kk5fe ------------
Collector of tube radio's and vintage fishing equipment

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS