Hallicrafters T-54

Keith Rowland k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Dec 5 04:58:50 EST 1998

Al:

For the axial caps, try:

Mouser Electronics
958 N. Main
Mansfield, TX  76063-4827
(800) 346-6873
www.mouser.com

sales at mouser.com

They also have locations in Santee, CA and Randolph, NJ.

Fax # for TX store:  (817) 483-6873.

i would call or e-mail for a catalog first.  I've been buying about 80% of
my stuff from them for many years. They are pleasant, reasonably priced,
offer same-day shipping, and there's none of this minimum-order business.

As for the tubular paper caps, either mylar or poly caps will do just
fine.  Ceramic discs are OK, too, for bypass functions or audio coupling.
If you find any of the old postage-stamp type mica caps, I'd leave them in
(these will be found mostly in the RF sections and maybe across the audio
output transformer, and in the AGC section), unless you have difficulties
after replacing all the other parts that obviously need replacing.  I have
radios from the 20s and 30s that still have the original micas in them and
they are still performing.  A tribute to those who designed and made them!

Good luck and 73,

Keith

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov