is there an 'AUDIO TUBE AMPLIFIER' Reflector??

Ben Bradley benbradley at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Jan 11 21:06:13 EST 1998

   I used to read the newsgroup rec.audio.tubes, and much of it was
good discussion, but also a lot of flame-type discussion of what's
better than what with little info to backup opinions, and lots of
tube-related forsale (often interesting to see what prices things are
going for), and wanted.
   I haven't read it lately, more because of too-many-hobbies, too-
little-time, rather than a complete lack of interest. I let my paid
boatanchors at theporch subscription lapse for a similar reason. This and
the vss list have low enough traffic that I can read them and still
have time for a life (not that I actually have a life  ;-)
   About a year ago someone posted an inquiry on the other boatanchors
list about wanting to start a Classic Audio list, that I responded to.
After he got a list of private email responses he then sent out a message
to all of us, then when someone wanted to send a message to the list, we
hit "reply all", changed the subject if neccesary, wrote and sent the
message. The "list" operated like this for about a dozen interesting
messages or so before it died out.
   I would think ther might be another such list in existence somewhere,
but I haven't looked for one on a search engine.
   I hesitate to ask, but  if there's not such a list in existence, I
wonder if the people who do this list, or (a different group) the people
who do the vss list would be willing to add such a list.
   And before anyone asks, vss is the Vintage Solid State list, and you
subscribe thusly:

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS