Electric Radio Magazine Index - NEW On-Line Search Engine

Don Buska d.buska at AAIATE.COM
Tue Jan 27 09:14:16 EST 1998

I have added an On-Line version of the Electric Radio
Magazine Index to my web site.  This is a Java based
grid (looks like a spreadsheet) searchable index.  I
will be updating this on-line index more frequently
than the downloadable version also offered at this
site.

Who can use it?

Anyone with a Java enabled web browser.  I have
successfully used the following:

Netscape Ver 2.02 for OS/2
Netscape Ver 3.0 Gold for WIN95
Netscape Ver 4.0 for MAC
Explorer Ver 3.02 for WIN95

How do I know if my browser is Java enabled?

The easiest way is when you enter my home page if
you see a the fading text "N9OO" alternating with
"Amateur Radio Station", you then have a Java
enabled browser.

How fast is it?

It's as fast as your computer.  What happens when you
enter the viewing page is that the index file and the
Java code will be loaded into your computers memory.
This loading will take approximately 1 minute, but
depends alot on internet activity, connection speed and
the computer you are using.  The index and Java code
are currently around 250KB.  Once loaded and running it
is very fast and only limited by your computers speed.

Where is it?

http://www.qsl.net/n9oo

Try it out!  Forward any problems and suggestions to me
via email.

Enjoy es 73

Don N9OO

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov