W7FG manuals and others

Lee Smith ckvnfm at MB.SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Jul 27 18:33:10 EDT 1998

Chuck, and Others:

I am glad to see a voice of reason on here with respect to the wonderful
commodity...becoming rare...known as patience!  I have ordered from W7FG,
and was reasonably satisified with what I got, but not overjoyed by the
product as far as value for money was concerned.

What prompted me to write was something that I have noticed about some
peoples impatient responses to receiving an item from a private individual
somewhat more slowly than if you pick up the phone, pass a credit card
number, and specify next day delivery from some large corporation.
Surprise!  These people actually have a life outside of doing you a favor.

Don't forget that 99% of these business are run out of the basement, or
garage, and may well be done after the person has already put in a long day
at the "real job" just like the rest of us.  Instead of being able to sit
down at his BA and enjoy things to do with radio, they have to contend with
the 1% of their business that seem to think that for the $3 profit that the
seller makes on the tranaction that they own his soul because they want a
copy of a 50 year old manual, or a 30 year old part from someone's private
collection of items.

I sell a few items every now and then, also work as a pilot which takes me
away from home for a week or more at a time.  On a short turn-around, I can
be home for  2 nights (dead exhaused), then gone for another week before I
finally get the chance to answer an email, or pack a box with a part in it
for someone.

Patience folks, that's all I preach with this!

Cheers to all, keep 'em glowing and sounding great.
Lee Smith
VE4ANC

----------
> From: Chuck K3FT <k3ft at EROLS.COM>
> To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: W7FG manuals and others
> Date: Monday, July 27, 1998 4:38 PM
>
> Greetings,
>
> Having a complete SB line w/accesories, A vintage drake and several other
oldies but
> goodies (that came without books!) I have ordered MANY manuals from W7FG
and have had no
> problem with any of them. Found them to be helpful, courteous, and
affable.
> Delivery was within expected timeperiods. Clarity of copy was acceptable
to excellent.
> Bindings well done and folded flat on table. No difficulties with
financials and such,
> although remember this, these folks are people and a home based business.
Not that that

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS