Filters ??

Bob Miller bmiller at CALWEB.COM
Tue Jul 28 00:35:42 EDT 1998

Hi Folks,
    They are most like AFSK tone filters for TTY terminal units.  They
could be band pass filters, tone element filters, or tone
discriminators.  Most of these units are potted affairs and oftentimes
the potting material is epoxy resin, sometimes wax and occasionally no
potting at all.  What you will find inside will be a few toroid
inductors and a hodge podge of small capacitors used to tune the
network(s).
    The multi-digit part number is an FSN for military gear and a search
of some governmental achive may find the actual stock number and
nomenclature for the equipment that used these filters.  I would not
want to guess at this point.  If you did not pay much you have an
interesting conversation piece and a candidate for you radio club's next
raffle.

    73

    bob, KE6F

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov